The following post is about us sharing what we do in our home. We are not making any medical recommendations and you should always consult your health care practitioner about what is appropriate for you.
A household pharmacy cabinet or drawer is probably one of the most important things to have in your home. This pharmacy is to help yourself and your family with little booboos, illnesses, and whatever else you can think to prepare for. One aspect of living in Harmony is knowing how to take care of your body when it gets hurt and having on hand what you need to attend to the booboo. We are always missing something at some point so don’t ever overstress the details. Just focus on the basics. Here is a partial list of what we stock in our home pharmacy to give you some ideas. You’ll find we lean heavily on the natural side but also make space for some medications.
Our food is always our main medicine if we ever feel “under the weather”, for example we will make more veggie soup and eat leaner during those times cutting back on the sugar.
Many supplements and homeopathic remedies can be found in our home pharmacy as well as basic medications. Following is a condensed guide of what is in our pharmacy for minor traumas and booboos.
To help with trauma
To reduce inflammation
- Ice – 10 min every 2 hours on acute trauma such as falls or getting hit with something.
- Arnica gel and granules of Arnica 9ch.
- CBD cream/oil –can be put on in alternation with the arnica gel.
- Traumeel is another good homeopathic cream to use on contusions.
- There are supplements that can help as well from various labs such as Inflammatone by Designs for Health.
If the skin or a scar is broken it needs to be washed with soap and water and disinfected
- Clean with warm water and a natural soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide can be used initially for a very dirty wound. Be careful and do not use later in the healing process as hydrogen peroxide can damage newly formed tissue
- Calendula™ – so much harder to find in the USA than in France and another wonderful natural disinfectant.
Healing – helping the skin repair, and so much more
- Healy™ the wearable healing device
For food Poisoning or stomach upset with diarrhea
- Activated charcoal. Be careful as overuse may cause constipation
- Probiotics can ease symptoms and help to maintain a good microbiome
- Stay hydrated – This is the only time you will hear us recommend a natural soda to get fluids and some sugar into your body. Water can cause vomiting in some cases so add a ½ teaspoon of sugar/honey to a glass of water if you prefer this to soda.
Learn to recognize viral vs bacterial infections. Viral infections tend to have a lower temp compared to a bacterial infections that have a fever higher than expected and tend to worsen after a couple of days rather than improve. Also, the mucous should stay clear when a viral cause and will become yellow or green with a bacterial infection. For more info webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bacterial-and-viral-infections or speak to your health care provider.
Supplements to support or assist your immune system – Vitamin D, C, and B’s; zinc; L-Lysine(viral), Quercetin. We love Total VRX™ (herbal immune mixture), Oscillococcinum, a homeopathic for viral infections, and Oregano Oil for bacterial infections as it is a natural anti-biotic. Colloidal silver works great too.
Essential oils – Niaouli, Bergamot, lavender and my own blend of course, 😊…
Medications – acetaminophen or aspirin as needed for pain or fever. Remember thought that fever is the natural way for the body to destroy invaders.
To detox after a night of excess food and/or alcohol
- Digestive enzymes, NAC (N-acetyl cysteine), lots of water, Chlorella, B vitamins.
- Apis melifica 9ch
- Saline spray or neti pot to clean nose and sinuses
- Natural eye drops to moisturize
- Supplements to decrease inflammation and histamine- ALR-G and Histoplex
- Antihistamine medications
To Sum it Up
As you can see, we keep a variety of products in our pharmacy. We probably have twenty-something homeopathic remedies for various conditions. We have natural creams for pain and inflammation as well as CBD, supplements and medications.
We can help you complete your own natural pharmacy if you are in need of it. We carry many of our favorite products. Book an online session with us to discuss your needs and options.
Let us know what the key elements of your home pharmacy contain in the comments below. Also comment if you have questions about what is in our pharmacy or how we use what we have.